Since our inception, Animal House Project dba Chester County Pet Food Pantry helps individuals and families facing financial stress to include seniors and retired military Veterans living on a fixed income; returning military personnel unable to return to the workforce; victims of domestic violence; low-income single parents teaching their children responsible pet ownership and care; unemployed individuals; and persons with life-threatening illnesses. Each applicant who applies for assistance is carefully vetted to ensure that we are providing food and services to individuals who are most in need. While the majority of the animals that we provide food to are dogs and cats, the Pantry also provides food to horses, rabbits, ferrets, chinchillas, birds, hamsters, fish, bearded dragons and we even have some hermit crabs and donkeys.
Do you need assistance in providing food for your companion pets?
Animal House Project dba Chester County Pet Food Pantry provides supplemental food for dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, birds and reptiles. When available we also provide pet care products and facilitate through grants low cost spay/neuter. To qualify for assistance, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your overall Federal Taxable Income must fall within the 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Assistance is Limited to 6 companion pets living in your home. This can be a combination of up to 4 cats, dogs and other pets.
- You Must provide proof of financial need or crisis, as well as a copy of your Pennsylvania Photograph ID. The address on the ID must match the address used on the application.
- You agree that pets are for companionship only. not for breeding or illegal activities.
- You agree to attend to your pet’s medical care (including vaccinations)and to maintain a healthy living environment for your pets.
- Proof of Spay/Neuter.
- To receive Assistance from our Pet Food Pantry, you must fill out the Assistance Application and be approved.
*Eligibility requirements are subject to change without notice. *
If you qualify, please download, complete and submit the Assistance Application. Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to download the Assistance Application.DOWNLOAD APPLICATION
Please-feel free to contact us if you have any questions:
Animal House Project is a 501 (c) 3 Charitable Organization and all Donations are Tax Deductible